How to Build Better Customer Relationships
Created by: UpSwell Marketing
Tips for getting to know your customers and building a more personalized auto repair brand.
- Connect on social media. Consumers spend 2+ hours per day on social media —commenting, liking, and sharing content. Engagement platforms such as Facebook and Instagram can help you start conversations and spark dialogue with consumers, even when you aren't face-to-face.
- Send out surveys to get direct feedback and honest thoughts from your customers. This will allow you to segment your audience. Consumers today are more likely to do business with brands that provide personalized, relevant offers, so use survey response information to better meet their needs.
- Host an event. By hosting a customers-only event, you will build value and create a memorable experience for your customers in a more personal way. Take this opportunity to start a conversation with them!
- Utilize customer data. Analytics can drive a powerful marketing plan. Take advantage of your customer database to send automated, personalized emails. Remind customers of upcoming appointments, to schedule a new appointment, or even reach out to them with a birthday email.
- Map the customer journey. This offers a clear picture of how customers find and interact with your business. Use this information to create more relevant experiences at each step of the journey. Understanding the customer journey is a great way to put yourself in your customers’ shoes and see your business from their perspective.
In the end, getting to know your auto repair customers will help you better segment your audience to target similar consumers. This will also give you the opportunity to offer a much more personalized experience to drive engagement and boost sales.
About the Author
UpSwell Marketing is a direct response marketing agency offering print and digital capabilities. UpSwell, founded in 2020 through the merger of Muscle Up Marketing and Mudlick Mail, has more than 13 years of marketing experience serving over 10,000 clients, executing more than 150,000 campaigns, and a track record of helping clients acquire over 10 million new customers and counting. Learn more about our work with a free marketing assessment.
Shop-Ware provides professional-grade business solutions to the automotive industry’s leading repair shops so they can run entirely on the cloud; phone optional, and paper-free. Connecting the aftermarket together, Shop-Ware’s ecosystem enables next-generation shop efficiency and customer satisfaction without compromise. Full-service onboarding and best-in-class support provide everything a shop needs to transform its business and stay competitive long into the future.
If you’d like to learn more about implementing Shop-Ware as the solution in your shop, request a demo.